So you thinking of going on to a lodge for a safari but aren’t sure what happens on ‘safari’. Here is an idea of what you can expect.
- An early morning wake up around 6 am with tea / coffee and biscuits (some time as continental breaks
- Morning game drive – usually for about 3 to 4 hours which allows for you to build up a hearty appetite
- Late morning breakfast or early lunch
- Time to relax and completely unwind. You could relax by the pool, go on bush walks, or take in some excursions.
- As the temperatures start cooling down you will have a mid-afternoon tea and cake – very civilised.
- Next up is a late afternoon game drive with sundowners (drinks at sunset) and snacks, often ending up as a night drive – usually about 3 to 4 hours
- Dinner, fireside drinks and relaxing to the sounds of the bush.
Naturally this can change but this is a rough guide to give you an idea. Some of you might simply want to miss a game drive and rather chose to relax with a book or writing a long lost novel or simply relaxing and watching the wildlife from the lodge.
Whatever you chose to do, we can assure you it will be relaxing and thoroughly memorable.