Africa changes you, forever
We want you to experience this
Most Popular Africa Overland Tours and Budget Safaris
Best Camping Africa Tours
- Nairobi to Cape Town Overland (Smaller Group) (58 Days)
- Cape Town to Nairobi Overland (56 Days)
- Cape Town to Nairobi Overland (42 days)
- Cape Town to Nairobi (Smaller Group) (41 Days)
- Zanzibar to Cape Town Overland (36 Days)
- Cape Town to Victoria Falls (Small Group) (21 Days)
- Tour of South Africa (20 Days)
- Botswana Wilderness (14 Days)
- Zimbabwe and Botswana Safari (16 Days)
- East Africa Game Parks and Zanzibar (13 Days)
- Best of Uganda (13 Days)
Best Accommodated Africa Tours
- Cape Town to Nairobi Overland (Comfort) (41 Days)
- Johannesburg to Nairobi Overland Adventure (Comfort) (30 Days)
- Cape Town to Kruger Overland (Comfort) (26 Days)
- Cape Town to Johannesburg via Botswana (Comfort) (25 Days)
- Tour of South Africa (Comfort) (20 Days)
- Nairobi to Victoria Falls Overland (Comfort) (21 Days)
- Kenya Game Parks and Gorillas (Comfort) (14 Days)
- Botswana Safari Wild Tour (Comfort (13 Days)
Best Small Group Africa Tours
- Cape Town to Vic Falls and Johannesburg Tour (Comfort) (24 Days)
- Cape Town to Victoria Falls Tour (Comfort) (21 Days)
- 22 Day Cape To Victoria Falls (3-4 star Comfort)
- 18 Day Explore South Africa Safari Tour (Comfort)
- 14 Day Botswana Wild Explorer (Comfort)
- 14 Day Beach and Wildlife Safari (Comfort)
- 12 Day Botswana Lodge Safari
- 12 Day Kenya and Tanzania Budget Safari (Camping)
Best Lodge and Tented Journey Safaris
Tours travel to
Top Game Reserves
Length of Tours
Why let African Overland Tours help you?
As passionate people, we are excited to share with you our experience of how travelling through Africa changed us forever. We will help and support you while planning your trip to Africa.
Our team of ex safari guides and travellers (who have travelled and guided extensively on the routes in Africa (not many people can say that) use their amazing local knowledge while thinking about you and your needs when find amazing tour options (from our group of trusted operators).
The entire time our goal is for you to have a trip of a lifetime, ensuring you will have unforgettable experiences on your African Overland that will stay with you for life.Africa Tours?
What does African Overland Tours do for you?
We are an independent adventure travel agency offering Accommodated African Safari Tours, Camping Safaris and Africa Overland Tours at the most competitive pricing with unbiased, honest help all backed up with financial protection guarantee. We provide endless information and support to help you book the best trip suited to you and your groups needs while answering all your questions and providing key insight into what you can expect on your African Adventure.
If your African bucket list includes wildlife and coastlines see our selection of affordable South Africa Tours, be overwhelmed by experiencing the wildebeest migration on a Kenya Tours or Tanzania Tours, explore remote wilderness areas and immerse yourself in local culture while on Botswana Tours, Zimbabwe Tours, Mozambique Tours or Namibia Tours, while if you are looking to experience something unique we have a wonderful selection of adventure tours for all budgets run by our network of amazing operators.
Choosing a budget adventure holidays tour in Africa can be overwhelming and confusing. We have travelled on 99% of the routes and chosen our favourite to offer you best quality and value for money.With over 20 years’ experience travelling in Africa and helping travellers plan amazing African tours, we are best placed to find you the perfect Africa overland expedition for You.
Let us guide you to your next life changing adventure – right here in Africa!
What is Overlanding in Africa?
Overlanding is an adventurous way of seeing the ‘real Africa’. It can be more challenging and you need to be young at heart and open-minded to get the best out of the tour. All overland vehicles are custom-built to travel to remote places where you can have amazing encounters with wildlife and experience true African culture.
Our budget camping tours offers you an authentic experience of Africa where you will spend the night camping under the stars and the days exploring the bush by foot or in safari vehicles. It is a more hands-on experience where you will be required to participate in daily routines such as setting up camp and assisting with food preparation.
Our budget accommodated tours still gives you an authentic experience of the bush with added comfort whilst still being affordable. We make use of a combination of lodges, hostels, bungalows, chalets, permanent safari camps, hotels and traditional huts. These tours are suitable for all age groups.
Small Group Tours
Our budget small group tours allow for a maximum of 16 travellers offering you flexibility and a more personalised African experience. You will enjoy added comfort with more space in the vehicles, time to explore your surroundings, and an opportunity to get to know your fellow travellers and crew on a more personal level.
Tented and Lodge Safaris
Our Tented and Lodge Safaris are run in small groups and you will have a more targeted experience of wildlife which is why so many people travel to Africa. It is more comfortable than overlanding because you will be staying in lodges, guesthouses, hotels and semi-luxury permanent tents.