Helping find the best African Overland Tours & Budget Safari Packages since 2007
Tours travel to
- Cape Town Tours
- Johannesburg Tours
- Nairobi Tours
- Victoria Falls Tours
- Zanzibar Tours
- Swakopmund Tours
- Garden Route Tours
- Southern Africa Tours
Top Game Reserves
Most Popular Africa Overland Tours and Budget Safaris
Price from R41,550View Tour
Price from R33,800View Tour
Price from R61,300View Tour
Price from+ Local Payment USD 930 View Tour
Price fromView Tour
Price fromView Tour
Price from R45,500+ Local Payment ZAR 2000 View Tour
Best Camping Africa Tours
- 58 Days Nairobi to Cape Town Overland (Smaller Group)
- 56 day Cape Town to Nairobi Overland
- 42 Day Cape Town to Nairobi Overland
- 41 Day Cape Town to Nairobi (Smaller Group)
- 36 Day Zanzibar to Cape Town Overland
- 21 Day Cape Town to Victoria Falls (Small Group)
- 20 Day Tour of South Africa
- 14 Day Botswana Wilderness
- 16 Day Zimbabwe and Botswana Safari
- 13 Day East Africa Game Parks and Zanzibar
- 13 Day Best of Uganda
Best Accommodated Africa Tours
- 41 Day Cape Town to Nairobi Overland (Comfort)
- 30 Day Johannesburg to Nairobi Overland Adventure (Comfort)
- 26 Day Cape Town to Kruger Overland (Comfort)
- 25 Day Cape Town to Johannesburg via Botswana (Comfort)
- 20 Day Tour of South Africa (Comfort)
- 21 Day Nairobi to Victoria Falls Overland (Comfort)
- 14 Day Kenya Game Parks and Gorillas (Comfort)
- 13 Day Botswana Safari Wild Tour (Comfort)
Best Small Group Africa Tours
- 24 Day Cape Town to Vic Falls and Johannesburg Tour (Comfort)
- 21 Day Cape Town to Victoria Falls Tour (Comfort)
- 22 Day Cape To Victoria Falls (3-4 star Comfort)
- 18 Day Explore South Africa Safari Tour (Comfort)
- 14 Day Botswana Wild Explorer (Comfort)
- 14 Day Beach and Wildlife Safari (Comfort)
- 12 Day Botswana Lodge Safari
- 12 Day Kenya and Tanzania Budget Safari (Camping)
Best Lodge and Tented Journey Safaris
Why let African Overland Tours help you?
We have travelled and guided extensively on the routes in Africa (not many people can say that). The team is made up of ex-Africa Overland tour guides and travellers from around the world, which allows for us to plan an entire Africa adventure. We save you time, money and we always have your best interest at heart on your Africa Tour.Africa Tours
We are an independent adventure travel company offering Accommodated African Safari Tours, Camping Safaris and Africa Overland Tours at the most competitive pricing with unbiased, honest help all backed up with financial protection guarantee.
If you are looking explore wildlife and coastlines see our selection of affordable South Africa Tours, be overwhelmed by experiencing the wildebeest migration on a Kenya Tours or Tanzania Tours, explore remote wilderness areas while on Botswana Tours, Zimbabwe Tours, Mozambique Tours or Namibia Tours, we have a wonderful selection of adventure tours for all budgets run by our network of amazing operators.
Choosing a budget adventure holidays tour in Africa can be overwhelming and confusing. With over 20 years’ experience travelling in Africa and helping travellers plan amazing African tours, we are best placed to find you the perfect Africa overland expedition. We have travelled on 99% of the routes and chosen our favourite to offer you best quality and value for money.
We offer the widest range of small group tours, accommodated budget tours and camping overland tours, at the best rates and with unbeatable, passionate professional service. We look forward to helping change your life.
What is Overlanding in Africa?
Overlanding is an adventurous way of seeing the ‘real Africa’. It can be more challenging and you need to be young at heart and open-minded to get the best out of the tour. All overland vehicles are custom-built to travel to remote places where you can have amazing encounters with wildlife and experience true African culture.
Our budget camping tours offers you an authentic experience of Africa where you will spend the night camping under the stars and the days exploring the bush by foot or in safari vehicles. It is a more hands-on experience where you will be required to participate in daily routines such as setting up camp and assisting with food preparation.
Our budget accommodated tours still gives you an authentic experience of the bush with added comfort whilst still being affordable. We make use of a combination of lodges, hostels, bungalows, chalets, permanent safari camps, hotels and traditional huts. These tours are suitable for all age groups.
Small Group Tours
Our budget small group tours allow for a maximum of 16 travellers offering you flexibility and a more personalised African experience. You will enjoy added comfort with more space in the vehicles, time to explore your surroundings, and an opportunity to get to know your fellow travellers and crew on a more personal level.
Tented and Lodge Safaris
Our Tented and Lodge Safaris are run in small groups and you will have a more targeted experience of wildlife which is why so many people travel to Africa. It is more comfortable than overlanding because you will be staying in lodges, guesthouses, hotels and semi-luxury permanent tents.