RELAXATION AND ROMANCE SAFARI
KLASERIE RIVER SAFARI LODGE RATES & PRICES
Romantic Big 5 Game Safari Experience.
Starting at R 1890 pppn
6 hour drive from Johannesburg, or short daily flights
Located in a Big 5 private game reserve in Greater Kruger and built on the banks of the Klaserie River
Direct access to the Kruger National Park, Panorama Route, Blyde River Canyon
Unique activities: from Hot Air Ballooning, Boat cruises and Guided tours of Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre to Horseback Safaris
Klaserie River Safari Lodge Pricing and Rates
Standard Chalet: from ZAR 1890 pppn sharing*
- Special Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents until 2020*
- Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request
Accommodation in river facing chalets, all meals, two game drives per day, optional bush walks, teas & coffees.
- Children aged 3 to 12 are accepted at Klaserie River Safari Lodge
- Children aged 3 – 11 years will pay less 50% per child per night when sharing with two full paying adults.
- The full adult rate per night will be charged if children occupy their own room or if sharing with one full paying adult.
- A maximum of two children under 12 years can share with their parents.
- Children 12 years and older are considered adults and pay the full adult rates.
Child Game Drive Policy
- Please note children 8 – 12 years are only permitted on game drives at the discretion of management.
All prices quoted are based on a minimum stay of two nights over a ’normal’ weekend and 3 nights over any long weekend and peak periods.
Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking. Special rates limited over peak periods and long weekends.
Special rates valid for SADC (proof required) travelers
Rates are subject to change without prior notice. Rates include government taxes where applicable. If taxes increase, we reserve the right to increase the rate accordingly.
Private road transfers can be arranged from Hoedspruit / Eastgate Airport OR from KMIA / MQP OR Phalaborwa Airport to the lodge and vice versa. Please consult for these rates.
Kruger National Park gate fees must be settled directly at the gate on entry into the park and are subject to change:
South African Residents – Adult: ZAR 100 per adult per day & ZAR 50 per child per day.
SADC Residents – Adult: ZAR 200 per adult per day & ZAR 100 per child per day.
International Residents – Adult: ZAR 400 per adult per day & ZAR 200 per child per day.
Kruger National Park gate entry times are as follows:
- Jan, Feb, Nov & Dec 05h30 – 18h30
- Mar & Oct 05h30 – 18h00
- Apr, Aug & Sep 06h00 – 18h00
- May, Jun, Jul 06h00 – 17h30
All visitors who are 18 years and older, must produce a positive identity document for scanning in order to gain access to the Kruger National Park.
SA Residents must produce their SA ID document or Driver’s Licence.
Non SA Residents must produce their passports.
GETTING TO KLASERIE RIVER SAFARI LODGE
Departing From Johannesburg
- Take the N4 highway to witbank/eMalahleni.
- Follow the N4 highway past Middleburg (Toll Plaza), Belfast and Machadadorp (Toll Plaza).
- Follow the Schoemanskloof option on the N4 and then take the R36 to Lydenburg.
- Follow the R36 to Ohrigstad, go through the Strydom
- Tunnel and take the R527 to Hoedspruit.
- Turn right onto the R40 towards Klaserie, and continue 6km until the turnof (left) for Eastgate Airport.
- Turn here and pass through the control gate where Kapama Game Reserve is on your right.
- You will pass Eastgate Airport on your left – continue straight for 16km until you turn right onto the Guernsey Road (dirt road).
- Continue on the Guernsey Road for 10km until you see the gates to Klaserie River Safari Lodge on the right (sign appears 100m before the gate).
The town of Hoedspruit is only 26km away and the local Eastgate Airport is only 16km away, making the lodge very easily accessible. Sedan 2WD vehicles will suffice, but SUV-style 4WD vehicles are better suited for the drive. Hoedspruit directions can be provided.
2 Night at Klaserie River Safari Lodge
Price from: R 3,780 pp
3 Night at Klaserie River Safari Lodge
Price from: R 5,670 pp
Perfect for Families
Family Bush Special Family of 4 / 2 night
Price from: R 11,340
REAL CUSTOMER REVIEWS
We’re passionate about Africa, read why our travelers agree.
” Always book my African travels through African Overland Tours as they are incredibly friendly and helpful, they always get back to you quickly, staff are knowledgeable, they use local people which I think is very important and offer great value for money.”
Review by Karen A
” The tour I had booked at African Overland Tours exceeded my expectations – it was great fun with many great experiences. Before, during and after the booking I felt so well informed, consulted and supported by Huntley Cronje (Thanks to you again!) who answered all my (countless) questions with his outstanding friendlyness. Booking, payment, the journey… everything went very smoothly without troubles or anything. You helped me to enjoy a perfect adventure!”
Review by Pia W
” Nicky, from AOT, was extremely helpful in planning our mother / daughter African holiday. We were combining several tours within a tight time frame and Nicky was genuinely interested in listening to our ideas and preferences. Her friendly enthusiasm, local knowledge and tour-guiding experience were invaluable! Most local (Australian) travel agents had never been to Africa, so could only give us a brochure from their limited tour providers. Nicky answered our many questions, explored various tour combinations, negotiated discounts and covered every detail of our trip, including private transfers and visa information! Would definitely recommend AOT. “
Review by Georgina P
WHY BOOK WITH AFRICAN OVERLAND TOURS?
Price Beat Guarantee
Best Prices and No Booking Fees. Early bird discounts offered!
Peace of Mind
24/7 Emergency support & SATSA Bonding. Trusted by over 14 000 travelers since 2007!
Your Travel Partners
We understand your needs and travel style, we’ll guide you every step of the way!