RELAXATION AND ROMANCE SAFARI
NGALA SAFARI LODGE
Romantic Big 5 Game Safari Experience.
Starting at R 10,365 pppn
6 hour drive from Johannesburg or short daily flight
Big Five private game reserve located in Timbavati Game Reserve that shares unfenced borders with the Kruger National Park
2 daily game drives, bush walks and walking safaris with experienced rangers and trackers
20 Classic air-conditioned safari thatched cottages, including 3 family cottages
Offers a chance to sleep out in the Remote & Romantic Ngala Treehouse
Ngala Safari Lodge Rates
Cottage: from ZAR 10,365 pppn sharing
- Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents
- Special Discounted Rates for International Residents are available on request
Three meals daily
Selected local beverages
Refreshments on game drives
Nature Walks (on request)
Teas & coffees
Transfers to and from the lodge airstrip
Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Children aged 0 – 5 years free of charge if sharing with 2 full-paying adults.
- Children aged 6 – 16 years will receive a 50% discount if sharing with 2 adults.
- Please note that the lodge can only accommodate one child in the room with the adults. Subject to availability of triple rooms.
Child Game Drive Policy
- Only children 6 years and older will be allowed on game drives at Lodge Manager’s discretion.
- Children under 12 years of age are not permitted on Nature Walks.
Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
Rates quoted are only applicable to South African Residents.
Timbavati Conservation Levy of R 365 per person per stay applies and will be added to the invoice for the accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change)
A Bed Levy of R 5.70 per person per night applies and will also be added to your invoice for your accommodation at the time of booking. (Subject to change)
Entrance Fee of R 160 per vehicle applies, for self-drive guests. To be settled direct and is subject to change.
GETTING TO NGALA SAFARI LODGE
Departing From Johannesburg
- Take the N12/N4 through Witbank, then later left onto the R540 to Belfast (opposite the Engen Fuel Station).
- In Belfast, turn right towards Dullstroom and Mashishing (Lydenburg).
- In Mashishing (Lydenburg) look out for the information boards directing you to the R36 to Ohrigstad. Follow the signs to R36 Ohrigstad, Hoedspruit or Tzaneen. It is marked 47 km to Ohrigstad as you leave Mashishing. Stay on the R36. Pass through Ohrigstad, later over the beautiful Abel Erasmus Pass and through the JG Strydom tunnel, following the signs to Hoedspruit.
- Once in Hoedspruit, drive straight through town, over the railway line bridge. Turn right at the stop street onto the R40 to Klaserie.
- After approximately 7km turn left at the Timbavati / East Gate signs. Sign in at the security boom and continue straight for about 17 km. You will cross the Klaserie River and check in at the Timbavati Control Gate.
- At the Timbavati gate, sign the visitors book and pay R120* road levy per vehicle (plus R30* for a trailer). Please Note: an additional R110* conservation fee (per person) is now payable at the gate. (* These rates can only be confirmed at time of reservation and are subject to change)
- Follow the road for about 13 km until you reach a big right turn. There is a stone marker indicating that Ngala Safari Lodge is 14.5 km to the right.
- The road is gravel from here. After about 6km turn left and continue straight for about 7 km. There are 2 sandy rivers to cross. Quicker is better than slower!
- At the top of the hill, follow the Ngala sign on the right for another 2 km to the Lodge.
2 Night at Ngala Safari Lodge
Price from: R 10,365 pp
3 Night at NGALA Safari Lodge
Price from: R 31,095 pp
Perfect for Family Getaway
FAMILY SUITE OFFER FAMiLY OF 4 / 2 night
Price from: R 72,560
REAL CUSTOMER REVIEWS
We’re passionate about Africa, read why our travelers agree.
” Always book my African travels through African Overland Tours as they are incredibly friendly and helpful, they always get back to you quickly, staff are knowledgeable, they use local people which I think is very important and offer great value for money.”
Review by Karen A
” The tour I had booked at African Overland Tours exceeded my expectations – it was great fun with many great experiences. Before, during and after the booking I felt so well informed, consulted and supported by Huntley Cronje (Thanks to you again!) who answered all my (countless) questions with his outstanding friendlyness. Booking, payment, the journey… everything went very smoothly without troubles or anything. You helped me to enjoy a perfect adventure!”
Review by Pia W
” Nicky, from AOT, was extremely helpful in planning our mother / daughter African holiday. We were combining several tours within a tight time frame and Nicky was genuinely interested in listening to our ideas and preferences. Her friendly enthusiasm, local knowledge and tour-guiding experience were invaluable! Most local (Australian) travel agents had never been to Africa, so could only give us a brochure from their limited tour providers. Nicky answered our many questions, explored various tour combinations, negotiated discounts and covered every detail of our trip, including private transfers and visa information! Would definitely recommend AOT. “
Review by Georgina P
WHY BOOK WITH AFRICAN OVERLAND TOURS?
Price Beat Guarantee
Best Prices and No Booking Fees. Early bird discounts offered!
Peace of Mind
24/7 Emergency support & SATSA Bonding. Trusted by over 14 000 travelers since 2007!
Your Travel Partners
We understand your needs and travel style, we’ll guide you every step of the way!