5 Day Kruger Safari (Comfort)
Why book this trip?
What better way to see wildlife than to live in the wild… This safari is unique because you live in the Kruger National Park giving you easy access to our game drives to the animals that surround you. Add to that plenty of sundowner drives and a comfortable bed to relax and rejuvenate for the next days adventure and enjoy comfortable safaris in air-conditioned vehicles.
No single supplement and departs with a minimum of one person.
|Tour Style||Accommodated Journeys Small Group|
|Countries Visited||South Africa|
|Group Size||Min 1-12|
|Age Range||16 – 65 Years and older|
Departing from Johannesburg
Ends in Johannesburg
This unique Kruger Budget Safari treats you to bush walks, game drives, 3 course dinners all while living in the park surrounded by the natural beauty of the Kruger that is world renowned. Includes return transfers to Johannesburg. *Tours depart 7 days a week
- Big 5 Safari
- Professional Field Guides - FGASA Registered
- Open Game Drive Vehicle
- Sunrise and sunset Game Drives
- Walking in the bush
- Panorama Route Excursion
- Transport for the duration of your safari
- Professional drivers/guides (FGASA registered – Field Guides Association of Southern Africa)
- Meals as specified per itinerary
- All day drives in the Kruger National Park in an open game drive vehicle
- SAN PARKS sunset drive (All Kruger Safari guests over 6 years of age)
- SAN PARKS Bush walk (All Kruger Safari guests over 12 years of age)
- All entry fees and daily conservation levies
- Accommodation in a 2 bed en-suite, air conditioned chalet
- Bottled mineral water during the day in the Kruger National Park
- Wine with dinner in the Kruger National Park
- Select Panorama Route attractions on the last day
- Entry fees and daily conservation levies
- Open vehicle game drives
- Guided morning walk
- Meals not specified in itinerary
- Guests are welcome to bring their own drinks to dinner, which can be purchased at the Park’s shop
- Towels & amenities for Camping guests
- Items of a personal nature
- Road transfer to Johannesburg/Pretoria
Day 1: Gauteng to Kruger National Park, South Africa
We leave Gauteng sometime between 06h00 and 08h00 (Shuttle). We journey through the vast areas of the Highveld, down to the picturesque Lowveld region. Stopping for a tasty lunch on the way (own expense), we eventually arrive in the afternoon at Kruger National Park and our Berg-en-dal Rest Camp.
Once everyone has settled into our first accommodation of the tour, we head out on our first game drive – a SAN PARKS sunset journey. This provides you with the chance to see nocturnal animals that are livelier during night time. Be aware that these trips take place in a Kruger Park vehicle and are led by a Park ranger. This is not a private game drive for us, and therefore you may be accompanied by some other travellers.
Dinner tonight consists of a three course meal that is served al fresco, at our private camp in Berg. Our dinner is served with delicious wine, but you are more than welcome to bring your own drinks (that can be bought at the camp’s shop.)
Days 2 – 4: Kruger National Park, South Africa
Following an early wake-up call, we treat ourselves to some tea, coffee and delicious muffins and fruit. Following this, we head out into the park on the morning safari that can take up to 4 hours. Your expert guide will be able to answer all questions regarding the park and will describe all park activity to you as it happens, giving you a broader understanding of the sights you see.
Upon our return to camp, we enjoy a late breakfast before freshening up for the afternoon game drive. The game drive will extend into the early evening where you can enjoy sunset views across the plains. Dinner will be served under the starry skies.
Meals: Breakfast and Dinner
Day 5: Kruger National Park, South Africa
Saying our goodbyes, we leave the Park in the morning, getting one last chance for game viewing from our tour vehicles as we exit the Kruger. Finally, we head back to Johannesburg via Nelspruit, the drive of which takes around 6 hours, where guests are encouraged to spend a post-tour night in the city.
There is an optional activity on one day to skip the morning game drive and visit the famous Panorama Route. This Route contains several attractions, including the Blyde River Canyon, Three Rondavels, Lisbon Waterfalls and Pilgrim’s Rest. We return to camp in the evening. This excursion is free of charge and is in place of one of our afternoon safaris. (NB: This is not available on the first or last day of the tour due to time constraints)
Onward Travel Plans
Due to on the road variable beyond our control (such as border crossings, traffic, delays, etc) on the tours. The end time on the last day can’t be guaranteed and therefore we strongly recommend you stay the night and fly out the next day. Please consult with your booking consultant.
- As per itinerary
Currency conversion estimated