PERFECT ROMANTIC OR FAMILY SAFARI
MADIKWE SAFARI LODGE PRICES
Malaria Free Big 5 Game Safari Experience.
Starting at R 4495 pppn
4 hrs drive or short daily flight from Johannesburg
Private Luxury Safari Experience in a Malaria-free Big 5 Game Reserve
3 Exclusive Lodges for Families, Couples and Friends
Luxurious suites with private plunge pools, outdoor (and indoor) showers & your private viewing deck looking over the magnificent reserve
Madikwe Safari Lodge Rates
This offer is available only to people living in South Africa
Madikwe Safari Lodge is located in the Madikwe Nature Reserve and offers views of the bushveld and scenic landscapes.
Luxury Suite – Lelapa/Kopano/Dithaba: from ZAR 4495 pppn sharing
*last minute special rate – bookings within 7 days of travel (not sure if should add this rate)
Luxury Suite – Lelapa from R4945 pppns – special rate for advance bookings
Luxury Suite – Kopano/Dithaba – from ZAR 4495 pppns – special rate for advance bookings
- Luxury accommodation
- All meals
- Teas & coffees
- 2 game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger
- Game drive refreshments & snacks
- Transfers to & from the Eastern Madikwe Airstrip
- Specified inclusive safari activities
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- Children of all ages are welcome at Lelapa Lodge.
- Children 0 – 5 years stay free of charge when sharing with 2 full paying adults.
- Children aged 6 – 15 years pay 50% of the per person sharing rate when sharing with 2 full paying adults.
- Children 16 years and older pay the full adult rate and need to occupy their own room.
Child Game Drive Policy
- For safety reasons, children aged 5 years and younger cannot participate on game drives and safari activities.
- Children aged 6 years and older are permitted on game drives and safari activities at the discretion of the game ranger.
- A family game drive is offered for younger children, after breakfast.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted above applicable to SA Residents only. Special discounted offers for International Residents are available on request.
- Gate Fees to be paid directly at the Lodge: R 210 per adult per stay & R 105 per child per stay. For guests flying in, the gate fees are R 280 per adult per stay and R 140 per child per stay. (Subject to change)
- A Madikwe Guest Conservation Contribution Fee of R 165 per adult per night & R 82.50 per child per night applies. The fees are subject to change and are to be settled at the lodge direct.
- Gates opening time: 6 a.m.
- Gates closing time: 9 p.m -HOWEVER, please note that from 6 p.m., guests driving in have to be accompanied by one of the Lodges vehicles at a charge of R 300.00 per vehicle, subject to change. (The guests still drive their vehicle to the lodge, but one of our vehicles accompanies them, so it’s just a once off one way fee)
GETTING TO MADIKWE SAFARI LODGE
Departing From Johannesburg:
- Travel to Fourways Shopping Centre via Rivonia Road or the N1 South highway. Follow directions to Hartbeespoort Dam. Keep going straight, and turn left onto the N14 highway, following Krugersdorp signposts
- Travel in a southwesterly direction
- At the four-way stop, turn right onto the N14 towards Ventersdorp
- At the T-junction turn right towards Ventersdorp / Hekpoort
- The road then splits again — take the left fork towards Ventersdorp
- Follow this road until you get to a four-way junction; here you will turn right towards Rustenburg
- Pass through the town of Magaliesberg and take the left fork in the road – the R509 to Boons and Derby (approximately 53km)
- Proceed through Derby towards Koster (approximately 17km)
- In Koster, turn right towards Swartruggens (R509) for 34km
- Turn left at the stop street onto the N4 to Swartruggens, Groot Marico and Zeerust. (Be sure to refuel in Zeerust as there is no fuel available in the Reserve)
- Turn right at President Street onto the R47/R49 to Gaborone .
- It is ± 90km to the Abjaterskop Gate, where you will enter Madikwe Game Reserve
- Here you will be welcomed by the friendly gate staff, who will confirm your reservation and direct you to the correct camp at Madikwe Safari Lodge
- Now you will travel on a gravel road (travelling time is approximately 45 minutes) towards Derdepoort for ±11km
- At the T-junction, turn left
On your way, you will pass a signboard to Derdepoort Gate after 2km, and again 1,1km later – just follow the directions to the Derdepoort Gate
- After approximately 5km, you will drive through the “Ambush Alley” mountain pass; here you will see a sign warning drivers to be mindful of klipspringers in the area
- Continue on the same road and after 5km, there is a crossroad where you will still continue straight
- Continue until you see the sign for Madikwe Safari Lodge (with the relevant camp name), where you turn right, off the main road and continue to the lodge.
- Please contact the Lodge on +27 18 350 9902 to advise us when you have passed the town of Zeerust.
This route is recommended for guests travelling in sedan vehicles as the road condition is really great with gravel roads only in the reserve.
A GPS will not bring you directly to Madikwe Safari Lodge if utilised from ORT/JHB/Pretoria or Sun City
Please advise us of your estimated time of arrival, and please check the afternoon game drive schedules to ensure you will be on time
Please drive carefully and be aware of village pedestrians, their children and animals
There are always a number of speed traps with traffic police along the way, so please be sure to follow the speed restrictions
The elephants at Madikwe Game Reserve must be treated with respect, so please keep a safe distance
Please take note that the gate opens at 06h00 and closes at 21h00. Please advise the Lodge if you will be arriving outside of these times so that the relevant arrangements can be made.
There is an ALTERNATIVE route which is recommended for guests travelling with 4×4 vehicles as there is a 30 km gravel road that might not be ideal with other vehicles. It is however approximately 100 km shorter than the road via Zeerust. Please speak to your consultant to be advised on these specific road directions.
2 Night at Madikwe Safari Lodge
Price from: R 8,990 pp
3 Night at Madikwe Safari Lodge
Price from: R 13,485 pp
Perfect for Families
FAMILY BUSH SPECIAL
FAMILY OF 4 / 2 NIGHT
Price from: R 17 980
REAL CUSTOMER REVIEWS
We’re passionate about Africa, read why our travelers agree.
” Always book my African travels through African Overland Tours as they are incredibly friendly and helpful, they always get back to you quickly, staff are knowledgeable, they use local people which I think is very important and offer great value for money.”
Review by Karen A
” The tour I had booked at African Overland Tours exceeded my expectations – it was great fun with many great experiences. Before, during and after the booking I felt so well informed, consulted and supported by Huntley Cronje (Thanks to you again!) who answered all my (countless) questions with his outstanding friendlyness. Booking, payment, the journey… everything went very smoothly without troubles or anything. You helped me to enjoy a perfect adventure!”
Review by Pia W
” Nicky, from AOT, was extremely helpful in planning our mother / daughter African holiday. We were combining several tours within a tight time frame and Nicky was genuinely interested in listening to our ideas and preferences. Her friendly enthusiasm, local knowledge and tour-guiding experience were invaluable! Most local (Australian) travel agents had never been to Africa, so could only give us a brochure from their limited tour providers. Nicky answered our many questions, explored various tour combinations, negotiated discounts and covered every detail of our trip, including private transfers and visa information! Would definitely recommend AOT. “
Review by Georgina P
WHY BOOK WITH AFRICAN OVERLAND TOURS?
Price Beat Guarantee
Best Prices and No Booking Fees. Early bird discounts offered!
Peace of Mind
24/7 Emergency support & SATSA Bonding. Trusted by over 14 000 travelers since 2007!
Your Travel Partners
We understand your needs and travel style, we’ll guide you every step of the way!