We are looking for great people to work with us to make a dream team.
First things first, have a look at our values and see if they fit yours.
Our Values – What makes an AWESOME team member
- Dedicated: I am devoted to the role I fulfil in the AOT team
- Passion: I am emotionally invested in my own and the companies success while inspiring others
- Enthusiasm: I am eager to share my thoughts, ideas and skills within the team
- Motivated: I believe in the business “WHY” and it aligns with my reason for being part of the team
- Resilience: I have the capacity to pick myself up when things get tough
- Questioning: I have an interest in learning new things and asking how? or why?
- Problem Solving: I actively find solutions to my challenges and help others when they face challenges
- Identify opportunities: I am always looking for ways/products we can include to best meet our client’s needs
- Risk Taker: I take smart risks and try new things while being open to learning through failure
- Drive Ideas: I follow through on my suggestions and solutions
- Accountable: I take responsibility for my actions and decisions
- Hardworking/Energetic/Proud: I believe in the talents I bring to the team and I am relentless in living up to my abilities
- Driven to do better: I am ambitious and compelled to accomplish my goals/ targets
- Knowledge: I want to expand on my skills through experience and education
- Curiosity: I am eager to know and learn new things daily
- Self-motivated: I can encourage myself to achieve and do great things while I strive for excellence
- Celebrate Success: I acknowledge my own and the team’s achievements
- Recognition: I value appreciation of my own success and show appreciation to others for theirs
- Helpful: I actively give support to my team members by taking the time to openly and deliberately share knowledge and support
- Team Player: I work well as part of the team by contributing, communicating and collaborating (3 C’s)
- Motivational: I desire to encourage others to achieve their goals
- Sense of Community: I have common interests and a similar attitude to the team and value inclusivity
- Honest/ Truthful: I am truthful with my knowledge and my actions
- Fair: I value equality within the team and with our clients
- Kind/Caring: I display kindness and concern for the team and our clients
- Compassionate: I feel and show concern for the team and our clients
- Self Control & Reflection: I do my best to control my emotions and reflect on difficult situations to learn how to overcome these in the future
- Respect: I admire and appreciate my fellow team members and suppliers as well as our client’s wishes
- Relationship building: I actively seek a connection with the team and our client’s
- Negotiation: I am able to discuss and find compromise and solutions which benefit all envolved
- Integrity: I value honesty and strive to do the right thing with great judgement and authenticity Balance: I structure my workload and prioritise my day while being committed and reliable
- Thinking & doing differently: I am considered and strategic in my approach to my work and seek alternative perspectives
- Solution Orientated: I can problem solve and find ways to overcome my own challenges and stressful situations
- Creative: I use my imagination and am innovative in seeking ideas outside of my comfort zone
- Open-Minded: I am willing to consider others knowledge and ideas without discrimination in the search for great ideas
- Receptive to Change: I value constructive criticism so that I can learn and grow as an individual
- Leadership: I prioritise my responsibility within the team and am mindful of the impact I have on others
- Autonomy: I work well independently and am able to make independent decisions
- Empowering of People: I take my responsibilities seriously and am able to delegate where needed
- Create Opportunities: I take action to succeed in my work and the team’s goals
- Individual Ownership/Accountability: I accept my responsibility to my work/clients and admit mistakes freely and openly
- Open/ Honest: I am communicative and own up to struggles and challenges I am facing while being transparent
African Overland Travel Consultant
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with expert knowledge and loves helping others to join our African Overland team. We help adventurous clients find the best trips and are looking for someone who wants tell their story of travelling through Africa.
How do we do it?
- Email, live chat, phone calls.
What do we offer?
- You would be joining a passionate team with flexible arrangements.
- Monday to Friday (no weekends)
- Personal Development Training
What do you need to have?
- Share our values (above)
- Loves sharing their travel experience
- Travelled through Africa (Southern Africa or East Africa)
- 2 – 5 years experience in Africa travel sales
- Excellent verbal, fast typing and writing skills
- Computer literacy in MSWord, Excel and Outlook
If you have the wow factor, we look forward to meeting you.
- Excellent Basic salary + excellent commission incentives (no upper limits)
- + RA contribution
- Basic Salary upwards from ZAR 15,000 increasing based on experience
If you are looking to work with a passionate team, then please send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cover letter needs to include a story of our favourite place or experience you have had while travelling in Africa.
CV’s without a cover letter will be disregarded.
Online applications only.