Flying to Mozambique
International flights from South Africa to Mozambique are the main flights in Mozambique. Yet other routes fly to Mozambique from Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Portugal and Qatar.
South African Airways have several daily departures from Johannesburg (O.R. Tambo Airport) which fly into Maputo. Federal Airlines fly to Vilanculos International Airport which is in the north of Mozambique. Other airlines that fly from Durban in South Africa are Kenya Airways, Swazi Express Airways, Qatar Airways and TAP Portugal. South African Airlink, LAM and Kenya Airways will also take you to regional airstrips in Mozambique.
Facts on Mozambique
- Republic of Mozambique
- Population of around 19 million people
- Capital city: Maputo
- Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 2
- Official Language: Portuguese
- Religions: Indigenous beliefs (30%), Christian (40%) and Muslim (30%)
- Electricity is 220V (50HzHz)
- Country Dialing Code is +258
- Currency: Metical (Mtn)
- Medical info: Malaria, Schistosomiasis (bilharzia), Hepatitis, Typhoid, Diphtheria, Tetanus and Meningococcal meningitis