ROMANCE OR FAMILY SAFARI
MARATABA SAFARI LODGE
Luxury Big 5 Game Safari Experience.
Starting at R 4495 pppn
Only 3.5 hours drive from north of Johannesburg, set against the stunning backdrop of the Waterberg Mountains
Malaria free, Family-friendly Big 5 Private Game Reserve located inside in the heart of Limpopo's Marakele National Park
Luxurious modern tented suites with an ‘Out of Africa’ feel with the most of the magnificent bush views.
Exclusive Escape Treehouse where you can discover a night out in Africa
Marataba Safari Lodge Rates
This offer is available only to people living in South Africa
Luxury Tent from ZAR 4495 pppns – special rate for advance bookings
Accommodation in a Luxury tented Suite
Teas & coffees
Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger
Game drive refreshments & snacks
Specified inclusive safari activities
Wi-Fi in public areas
Specialist activities included: Bush walks; Astronomy; Wildlife lectures; Bush breakfasts, picnic lunches & bush dinners; Miss Mara Boating Activity
Specialist activities excluded: Private open safari vehicle hire; exclusive use bush breakfasts & dinners; any additional external services; Marataba Trails Experience – specialised Walking Safari – available Tues/Thurs/Sat only
- Children of all ages are welcome
- Children 0 – 5 years stay free of charge when sharing with 2 full paying adults.
- Children aged 6 – 15 years pay 50% of the per person sharing rate when sharing with 2 full paying adults.
- Children 16 years and older pay the full adult rate and need to occupy their own room.
Child Game Drive Policy
- For safety reasons, children aged 5 years and younger cannot participate on game drives and safari activities.
- Children aged 6 years and older are permitted on game drives and safari activities at the discretion of the game ranger.
- A family game drive is offered for younger children, after breakfast.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rates listed are based on a minimum 2 night stay. Surcharges may apply for a 1 night booking.
- Rates quoted are only applicable to SA Residents. Discounted special offers for International Residents are available on request.
- Rates exclude Park Fees of R 295 per adult per stay / R 148 per child per stay and a Conservation Levy of R 128 per person per stay. Fees are to be paid at the lodge directly and are subject to change.
GETTING TO MARATABA SAFARI LODGE
Departing From OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg:
- Depart ORT following the airport exit signs (R21 & R24)
- Approximately 200m thereafter, the road forks. Take the right fork towards R21 N Pretoria/R24 Johannesburg
- The road immediately turns sharply to the right. Get into the left lane and follow the signs to R21 N Pretoria as you exit the airport
- After exiting the airport, get into the left lane and follow the R21 N Kempton Park/Pretoria signs
- After 300m, take the left off-ramp, following the R21N Kempton Park/Pretoria signs
- Once on the R21N drive for 36.3 km
- You will see signs indicating exit 134 (N1 Noord, Pretoria/ Polokwane/Johannesburg)
- Take the 134 exit Immediately thereafter, the road forks. Take the right fork towards N1 North-Polokwane
- Continue on the NI North-Polokwane passing through two toll gates
- Take off-ramp to Bela-Bela / Warmbaths (R516)
- In BELA-BELA, turn right at the first set of traffic lights into Marx Street (Waterfront Shopping Centre ahead of you)
- Continue across one intersection with traffic lights (Engen & Total petrol stations on either side) until you reach a T-junction. The Elephant Spring Hotels is ahead of you
- Turn left into Sutter Road (Thabazimbi sign post ahead)
- At the T-junction, turn right into Ritchie Rd
- Shortly thereafter, you will reach another T-junction, withthe SPAR Centre directly in front of you. Turn left.
- You will get to a circle. Turn left
Continue until you reach a traffic circle. Turn left at the sign for Thabazimbi. (R516)
- In THABAZIMBI, turn left at third stop sign towards Lephalale / Sentrum (at the Total petrol station) onto the R510
- Travel for 32km, and turn right to Lephalale (Stay on the R510)
- Drive 11km and turn right at the Marataba Safari Lodge sign post
- Travel 8km along the gravel road. The Marataba gate is on your left hand side
2 Night at MARATABA Safari Lodge
Price from: R 8,990 pp
3 Night at MARATABA Safari Lodge
Price from: R 13,485 pp
Perfect for Families
Family Bush Special family of 4 / 2 night
Price from: R 17,980
REAL CUSTOMER REVIEWS
We’re passionate about Africa, read why our travelers agree.
” Always book my African travels through African Overland Tours as they are incredibly friendly and helpful, they always get back to you quickly, staff are knowledgeable, they use local people which I think is very important and offer great value for money.”
Review by Karen A
” The tour I had booked at African Overland Tours exceeded my expectations – it was great fun with many great experiences. Before, during and after the booking I felt so well informed, consulted and supported by Huntley Cronje (Thanks to you again!) who answered all my (countless) questions with his outstanding friendlyness. Booking, payment, the journey… everything went very smoothly without troubles or anything. You helped me to enjoy a perfect adventure!”
Review by Pia W
” Nicky, from AOT, was extremely helpful in planning our mother / daughter African holiday. We were combining several tours within a tight time frame and Nicky was genuinely interested in listening to our ideas and preferences. Her friendly enthusiasm, local knowledge and tour-guiding experience were invaluable! Most local (Australian) travel agents had never been to Africa, so could only give us a brochure from their limited tour providers. Nicky answered our many questions, explored various tour combinations, negotiated discounts and covered every detail of our trip, including private transfers and visa information! Would definitely recommend AOT. “
Review by Georgina P
WHY BOOK WITH AFRICAN OVERLAND TOURS?
Price Beat Guarantee
Best Prices and No Booking Fees. Early bird discounts offered!
Peace of Mind
24/7 Emergency support & SATSA Bonding. Trusted by over 14 000 travelers since 2007!
Your Travel Partners
We understand your needs and travel style, we’ll guide you every step of the way!